Monday, May 2, 2016

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY-FIVE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 245.  Today is the first day of May.  May Day.

It is also the first day of May's Resolution: Try Mindfulness.

"Your mind is a powerful thing.  When you fill it with positive thoughts your life will start to change."

  • Remember what Matters to You
  • Turn Complaints into Thankfulness
  • Smile More!
  • Learn and Do Mindfulness Meditation
  • Use Positive Not Negative Words
  •  Be Kind to Yourself
  • Put a Positive Word on My Cup Each Day
  • Be Positive!
A month of positive and kindness!  I could use a bit of joy and happiness.  Positive thoughts and life change are what I need.  Let May begin.

Wrap up of April:

 April - All in the Family

“I've always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.”

  • Be the one to call or email
  • Reach out more to family members
  • Schedule Skype calls with Reese and Greyson
  • Call Mrs. Hebert more often
  • Reestablish healthy bonds
  • Plan visits with friends and family
  • Post photos
  • Be Adrienne
I have been better about some things but not too good about other things.  Since I was ill for 2.5 months, I spent a lot of time catching up on work.  A lot of work.  This left little time for family and friends.  I am waiting for some news and until I hear about that, I can't plan any trips out of the area. I try to be available when friends call or want to spend time together but I need to work on my long distance family members.  I have been invited to family gatherings that I am not sure I would have been invited to previously.  It is nice to know that my bonds are stronger now.

Lucky Update: Poor baby.  She didn't want to eat this morning again. I called the vet and we decided that her mouth (from her tooth surgery) is probably sore and since the painkillers were making her sick, it was time to give her doggy Advil.  It is liver flavored so she would be sure to eat it if I crushed it up.  Maybe then she would want to eat some cottage cheese.  She is just so miserable.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!