Monday, August 31, 2015


I have needed a new phone for about 9 months.  I have watched my phone die a little bit each day.  The battery now only lasts until 3:30pm and that is only getting emails, texts and an occasional phone call. 

Nine days ago I decided to buy a new phone a Droid Turbo.  I called up my cellphone carrier and purchased one over the phone.  Since it was Friday it was to be delivered on Monday.  I have a PO Box so I had it sent to the box.  Fed Ex delivers to PO Boxes.  I thought it was weird that I didn't get a message saying that I got a package on Monday.  Tuesday I went to the Post Office to pick up my package because Fed Ex said it was delivered and Howard signed for it.  The PO said there was no Howard that worked there.  There was also no package.

I went home and called Fed Ex.  They said they would track down the driver and ask who he delivered it to.  I waited another day to hear back.  Wednesday Fed Ex said they couldn't track down the driver so I needed to call my cellphone company and report it missing.  I called and gave a long report.  They said it would take 48 hours for the report to go through before I could order a new cellphone.  WHAT?!  Ugh. 

Thursday I got home late from work and there was a message from the PO saying they found the package.  Howard was a temporary employee's last name.  She worked there on Monday and took the package and put it somewhere no one could find it.  She worked on Thursday and she gave it to her supervisor.  They called me.

Friday I went down to the PO and picked up the package.  I came home and called my cellphone company.  They said they had already contacted Fed Ex and I have already received the refund to my account.  He said I may not have to pay for the cellphone.  I am sure this is not true but it was fun to think about for a few minutes. 

Saturday I called to activate my new fancy cellphone and after being on the phone for one hour, it was a bust.  The back up took forever and I am not sure everything backed up. Then the activation failed.  What?  Ugh.  I have to call back in 24 hours.

Sunday.  I called exactly 24 hours from the last phone call.  The guy seemed not to sure of himself and made me nervous.  But after one hour of various "Can you hold please?" and "I have to consult with someone."  He finally got it to work.  Part of the backup was a fail.  But I am trying it again. 

I am 75% happy with the transfer, which for me is pretty good.  Last time I switched phones it was miserable and I was probably 20% happy.  So we are moving in the right direction. 

I want to buy a shield protector and case so I will protect it.  I seem to have good experiences with them.  Also a car charger.  Good thing to have in a earthquake!  As long as you have gasoline you can charge your phone.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!