Monday, August 24, 2015

A - Z TRAVEL BLOGGING CHALLENGE - U

Today is the letter U for my Travel Blogging Challenge. I have been to the United Kingdom.  I lived in the UK for 6 months in college, I went to the UK when I was 16, and I went to the UK when my mother got married.  

The first time I went to the UK I was 16 and I went with my Dad and his wife.  It was a fun trip.  I went to fancy dinners, plays, and stayed at a fancy apartment in a hotel.  It was all so glamorous.  

The second time was when my mother got married while I was in college.  She wanted my father to take the kids away for her honeymoon.  So my dad and his wife took us to England for two weeks.  We were on a houseboat on the River Thames for a week.  It was great fun.  I was in a bikini on the roof with a book the whole time.  My brother and I colored our hair purple for our trip home.

The third time was when I went to college for a semester in London.  Living there was such fun.  I originally lived with a family. It was supposed to be the "British experience" but it was not for me.  The couple was American and Sri Lankin.  It was not a British experience.  It was a weird experience.  I moved in with a business associate of my father's who owned a townhouse she rarely used.  I basically had a whole townhouse to myself.  The floor I had was not completely finished but what did I care?  I was living in Sloane Square in London.  I was living large on my student stipend.  

I got to travel many places: Belgium, Italy, France, Netherlands, Wales, and Scotland.  I was very lucky.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!