Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A - Z TRAVEL BLOGGING CHALLENGE - I

Today is the letter I for my Travel Blogging Challenge. Today's letter is hard.  I had no idea how many interesting countries start with the letter I.  Here are the countries that start with the letter I:

Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy 

I am fascinated withe Iceland.  Just like Greeenland, I want to go to Iceland and see fjords, waterfalls, man-made geothermal baths, glaciers and volcanoes.  The Arctic Circle in the northern latitudes, the midnight sun is invariably awe-inspiring as well as the northern lights.  I want to go to one of those ice bars.

I also want to visit India.  The hustle and bustle.  The vibrant colors and food. The Taj Mahal, The Red Fort, the Lotus Temple.  I could go on and on.  So many things to see in India.  

Indonesia is supposed to be beautiful.  My neighbors went to Bali and loved it.  I have to admit that Indonesia is not on my top tier of places to visit but I would not turn down a trip there.  I see photos of Raja Ampat and it lures me there.

Iran and Iraq are not places I want to visit right now.  I tend to stay away from places where there are wars or there have been wars recently.  I also don't like to visit places where I have to cover myself.  So Iran and Iraq are currently off the travel list.

Ireland is a place I want to visit.  When I lived in England we were encouraged not to visit Ireland.  It was during "the troubles".  The IRA was in full swing and it was unsafe for young college students to visit Ireland especially Northern Ireland.  Since I am part Irish, I would love to see my heritage.

Israel is one of the most historic places I want to visit.  I am not drawn to religious sites but Israel is one place I would visit.  I don't think I would put Israel on my top tier vacation list, it would be further down the travel list but I want to see it.  I want to float in the Dead Sea, stick a note in the Western Wall, go to Jesus' burial place, and go to Yad Vashem (World Center for Holocaust Research).  I also want to see the Kishle prison excavations and The Israeli Museum at the Yitzhak Rabin Center.  So much history and culture in one place.  

I have already been to Italy.  I have seen Rome, Pisa, Florence, Firenze.  I want to other area's of Italy.  The Tuscany and Umbria regions seem beautiful. I want to walk the little streets and hills. Maybe a day in Venice just to see it.  Naples for a day.  

Now you understand my problem.  I love the letter I.  I want to see almost all the I countries.  Do you have a favorite I country?  Or do you have same problem I have?  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!