Friday, February 1, 2013

GETTING READY FOR THE SUPERBOWL

Superbowl hype. I am almost over it. You would think this was a presidential election or something! All that I hear about is Superbowl, Superbowl commercials, The players got the New Orleans... Enough already. The Oscars are the week following and I hear practically nothing about them.

Now there is all the controversy. A stupid player had to open his ignorant mouth. He doesn't like the gays and doesn't want them on his team. Oh, "his" team. I wonder where this 49er lives. Does he not know he is playing in San Francisco (at least until the team moves in 2014)? That's like vacationing on Fire Island and being upset you can't find any single girls.

The ignorance is just so amazing. Not that people are ignorant, that doesn't shock me. Just that they can be so blatant about it on national TV/radio. When people are that blatantly ignorant after a few cocktails at a barbecue, I always just assume those are their true feelings. But when they blurt these things out completely sober in a giant crowd, that is just plain stupid. I understand some guys feel they don't want to undress in front of other guys or even gay guys. There are ways to say that without sounding like such a jerk. I think it is still a bit ignorant. Thinking that all gay guys want to check you out. Please get over yourself! When I am in a locker room, I just want to get in and get out. I don't make eye contact with anyone.

This stupid comment was made by Culliver on the same week San Francisco open it's first gay sports bar and that sports bar was featured in Sports Illustrated. That is very exciting. The fact that these stupid comments have people talking about gay athletes and homophobia, is fantastic. I also think the way the 49ers coach Harbaugh handled it was awful but the owner was terrific. The owner took full responsibility. He said Culliver is my employee and obviously we have not done a good enough job educating him.

Then this afternoon, two other 49ers players denied being a part of the It Get's Better campaign video. They claimed they were not part of any video. Then once they were showed the video, they said it was an anti-bullying campaign video. The reporter told them it was for the "It gets better" campaign for bullying of LGTQ youth. The two football players said they didn't know it was for LGTQ anything. The It Gets Better campaign has taken down the video with the San Francisco players. This mess just keeps getting worse. Who is doing the PR for the 49ers? S/he should be fired.

Anyway, back to the Superbowl. Ravens/49ers, who do you choose? I am backing the 49ers. I think they will win if they an get their focus back. This ignorant gay comment thing has thrown them off track. I say young players should not be allowed to speak.

At least for now: GO NINERS!

Hot Tub Update: the parts have come in and the appointment has been scheduled for next Wednesday.

Medical Update: I thought I broke my tooth so I went to the dentist today but it wasn't. More about it tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!