Sunday, February 10, 2013

NEEDED SOME RETAIL THERAPY

Did you just ever have one of those days where the only thing that is going to make it better is retail therapy? It doesn't matter what you buy. It could be Arrid Extra Dry or trash bags but you just have to buy something.

I had one of those days today. I needed to shop! First I went to Whole Foods but that didn't satisfy. They didn't have anything I wanted. It was all too, too, good for me. I needed something not good for me. Okay if you know me, you know I don't eat anything that isn't BAD for me. But I wanted something that I don't normally eat. I did get these awesome fruit power bars and some cherry soy yogurt at Whole Foods. See what I mean! That is "wild and crazy" for me. I was disappointed that they didn't have any vegan "chicken" salad. I really like that.


So I went on to Target. Now I don't go to Target that often. First, it is far away and second, I have a problem with their politics. But desperate times call for desperate measures. I needed a fix. I bought my favorite granola bars with M&Ms and nuts on them. They are called Monster Bars. I doubt there is much nutritional value. But they sure are good. Then I bought Annie's Bunny Mix. It has the white cheddar bunnies, regular cheddar bunnies, pretzels and something else. It is a great mixture. I got the organic mix, of course. And they were on sale! So were the Monster Bars. Then I saw these great new bars that were granola, caramel, nuts all covered with chocolate. Does life get any better? It is like a snickers. Okay, you guessed it, I was hungry. Never shop when you are hungry. I ended up with 2 boxes of the Monster bars, 2 boxes of the Annie's and 1 box of the snickers-type bars. Then I went and bought the other items on my list: Arrid and hand wipes.

Then I went to the kids section to see about a little something for the kids. I can't tell you what I got them since my SIL (sister-in-law) reads this blog. I will tell you if they like it soon. After 45 minutes I was satisfied and went home.

So why is it that spending money or shopping makes things better? I always think retail therapy gets my mind off whatever is bothering me. It takes me out of the situation and changes the atmosphere. I focus on something else for a while and suddenly whatever was bothering me doesn't seem so important. I stop dwelling on it. I have to focus on picking out what I want, choosing a flavor or type, and getting on the right line to check out.

Now I have some great snacks! Yay!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Retail Therapy, I love it. I have never heard that phrase before but now that I know it, it's going to be incorporated into my vocabulary because some days, a gal's just gotta shop!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!