Wednesday, February 6, 2013

THE HOT TUB SAGA

Okay, five service calls. You would think I would be soaking in a hot tub tonight. Okay, maybe not tonight because it takes 24 hours for the hot tub to heat up but you get the idea.

NO. No soaking with take place any time soon. The four new parts arrived, the service guy installed them and still water was leaking. Where was the water leaking? The guy looked and looked. He was convinced it was the pump. I was not so convinced. If you remember I told him last time that when he installed these four parts, I didn't want him to find something else and have to come back. He seemed a bit nervous. I inspected the situation and I saw that the water was coming from one area and the wood "decking" outside was coming unglued. The guy had his bags packed and in the truck.

He came back and I pointed it out to him. He went back and got his stuff. He got a crow bar! He started to pull of the wooden slates on the outside of the hot tub. When he did, WOW, we found a treasure. A rats home with tunnels. The whole side was torn up and made into a large nest. No live animals, just a home.

He found the leak. The animals chewed on a hose. The service guy fixed it and now we seem to be leak free. We will have to wait a few days to make sure. We are unable to run the tub to allow the epoxy to dry and because the whole side is still open to let the inside dry. It looks like the hot tub has a boo boo!

While the service guy was doing his two hours of service, I spent some time cleaning up the area where the platform and hot tub were. I swept and shoveled dirt that had eroded onto the slate. It looks very nice now. Once we cut back the creeping (read: crappy) ivy the area will look even nicer. I am trying to decide what I want to put in the space. In the summer it gets nice sun.

This week we get to see the hot tub running but can't get in it. Now it is just a tease! Torture! At least before it was turned off and all the water leaked out so it just seemed pitiful. Now it is just sticking it's tongue out at me! The foreplay for this hot tub soak is lasting forever!

Medical Update: I got a call from my RA doc and she said my tests came back funky. What a shock! When don't my tests come back funky? If I ever had a test come back just normal I would probably faint from shock!! My tests showed some problems with kidney function. She said we would talk about it next appointment. Obviously it is not that bad since she is waiting 6 weeks to deal with it. I will see what it is when I get my labs. Then do exactly what they say not to do: hit the internet and research it!

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!