Tuesday, February 12, 2013

20 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

February 13th is our 20 year anniversary. We met 20 years ago tomorrow. Brenda and I met at a bar. She asked me to dance and I said no. I didn't like the song. She came back when another song came on and we danced. We talked all night. The next day was Valentine's Day and I had plans with some friends. I told her I didn't want to see her because that was way too much commitment. The day after Valentine's Day we met up and have been together ever since.

Don't get me wrong, it hasn't always been easy. My apartment burned, our apartment flooded, we moved twice, we lived through a three year renovation, I lost two jobs, Brenda lost one, I started a business, Brenda started working for herself, Brenda's father passed away, our dog died, my bird died, we adopted two rescue dogs and a bird, bought a house, I was diagnosed with RA, I had two knee surgeries, appendicitis, ankle surgery, countless tips to the doctor and ER, Brenda had a hysterectomy, I graduated With a Master's degree, and yet we stayed together.

And they said it wouldn't last...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRENDA!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! May there be at least 20 more happy ones in your future, Adrienne and Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Adrienne and Brenda!
    Best wishes for many more.
    Hugs Lorna x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!