Saturday, October 20, 2012

STUFFING

It is that time of year when I begin to crave stuffing. It is the beginning of autumn and Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Some people call it dressing but I call it stuffing which is funny since I don't stuff it in a bird. I guess I should call it dressing. I think it is a cultural thing. Depending where you come from. Kinda like hoagies, grinders or subs. It all depends on where you come from.

Today I made some stuffing because I wanted to try out a new recipe. I make some great stuffing usually, people comment on it even, but I wanted to try something different. This new recipe was Swiss chard, mushrooms and chestnuts (although I could not find any so I used pecans) mixed with the stuffing mix. I also threw in some cranberries for some sweetness.

At the end of each stuffing season I buy some extra bags and freeze them. That way I can have stuffing any time of the year. I never understand why stores don't sell stuffing mix all year long. Do they think people only eat stuffing two times a year?

The stuffing I made today came out okay. Not the best and not what I am going to make for Thanksgiving. I have another recipe to try with apricots and pecans and cranberries.

What does your favorite stuffing include?

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!