Thursday, October 11, 2012

SHOT IN THE ANKLE

Today I went to the ankle doctor because my ankle still hurts. Surgery was May 9, today is October 11 so why is my ankle still hurting? It has been 5 months. I get that I heal slowly and it should still ache a little but it should not hurt with every step.

The doctor agreed. She wanted to have me get an MRI but the chances of The-Insurance-Company-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named giving me another MRI are slim. So she gave me a shot instead. She took a big long needle and shot something into my ankle. We now wait and see if that fixes it. If not an MRI in January when I pay for it.

So far today it feels better. Yay!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Errrgh. Getting an injection into the ankle-bones makes me cringe at the very thought, even though I know it's not nearly as bad in practice as it is in my imagination. I'm glad for you that so far, it seems to be easing the pain.

    AND I'm so glad to hear that the lump in your calf turned out to be something completely benign. What a siege, Adrienne, you went through to get that MRI, and all the while fearful of what it might find. Whew! Does that fat lump cause any discomfort? Do you do anything about it, or just let it alone?

    Hope you're having a great day. Have a fun and restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!