Saturday, October 13, 2012

BURRITOS

On vacation we ate Mexican/TexMex a few times. (I am still clear on the difference between Mexican food and TexMex) But it did mot satisfy my craving for Little Chihuahua. Tonight we went to my favorite burrito place, Little Chihuahua. They have fancy burritos, not plain beans and rice burritos. I order the Black Bean and Fried Plantain Burrito (pictured below poorly). It is delicious. Like, dream about it good.

The salsa and black beans give it a spicy kick while the fried plantains are sweet and delicious. The roasted red peppers give it a roasted taste. The whole thing just tastes so good that I have dreams about this burrito. They also have a wild mushroom burrito that I want to try but I can't get past the black beans and fried plantain burrito.

Isn't it funny when you have a food that is so good that you dream about it? A few years ago we went to Vegas for my brothers wedding and Brenda and I ate at the restaurant Todd English's Olives at the Bellagio. I can still taste the food. It was that good. I would go back to Vegas just to eat.

Do you have a food you dream about?

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. That burrito looks so good. I'd love to go to Little Chihuahua. Sadly in my town in the UK we have nothing like like that. I love plaintain so perhaps I'll have a go myself.
    Hugs.
    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!