Monday, October 8, 2012

MRI

Sitting here in the waiting room of the MRI department thinking about the nice nap I will soon get to have. I love to take a nap in MRI machines. Wrap me in a warm blanket and I am good to go. I fill out all the paperwork and told them where all my metal is located (markers in my breasts and clips in my ankle) and now wait. I got here too early because I never know what the parking situation will be.

Hospital paperwork is so funny. First they make me verify my name, social security number, date of birth, address and then have me fill out another form with all the same information on it. Doesn't that seem stupid to anyone other than me? Couldn't they just make the form so they could have me verify it and then they print it on the rest of the forms that need the information?  I am telling you I could revamp healthcare and save the industry! I would be hailed as the Lee Iacocca of health care.

MRI is finished.  I asked the woman to not give me the updates before each MRI test.  "This test will take 3 minutes".   I had a migraine and wanted to fall asleep.  I love sleeping in MRI machines.  Put that blanket on me and wrap me like a burrito.  I will fall asleep.  This place even gave me ear plugs instead of those bulky things to put over your ears.

I will get the results in a few days.  I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday morning. 

Wish me luck!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, luck luck luck luck luck and more luck, Adrienne. You made me smile with your words about sleeping in MRI machines. They're so noisy! It's great that you can do that, though.

    I hope your migraine is gone and that the next few days will be stress-free. Remember to breathe... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!