Friday, October 5, 2012

GATHERINGS

There are many different types of gatherings. Family gatherings, work gatherings, and gathering with friends to name a few. This post is about gathering with friends. I have been privileged to be included in "movie night" at my brother's house. Movie night is when a bunch of friends come over every Friday night to watch two movies. Each person either brings their dinner or eats before they arrive.  Sometime in between the movies there is some sweet like cookies or cake.  The movies are chosen by what the group wants to view.  This group seems to like the same genre of movies.  While I was there there were up to 12 people attending. There is a core group but any additional folks are welcome.

The funniest part is that many of the people bring their electronic toys. So people are working, playing video games, blogging, web surfing, etc. while watching (or not watching) the movies. It is very funny to see.  Although quite helpful when I ran into a blogger error on my iPad!  All those computer geeks in one place...

I have thought about doing a movie night once a month at my house. It is quite fun to gather with friends to watch a movie. It is a great way to hang out with friends.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I think person to person contact can be so much fun also! And yes even to watch movies while being distracted by electronic gadgets. I won't get started on that side ride right now :-) Having gatherings can be so much fun and bring such joy into one's life....I say give it a try. And since all you have to provide is a small snack and the movie...all the better. Have fun on your movie nigths!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!