Monday, October 22, 2012

HANGING WITH THE KID ACROSS THE STREET

There is a kid that lives across the street who is 12 years old.  I will call him A.  A is just so adorable.  He occasionally comes over our house to watch a ball game. Tonight he came over to watch the Giants/Cardinals game.  He is so funny how he sits and watches the game.   I was that kid growing up.  I was a true Mets fan and would watch the games. I knew all the players and teams.

Today we ran into one of his dads and told him that the game was on and if A wanted to come over, he was more than welcome.  Not five minutes later our door bell rang and he was ready to watch the game.  His dad told us he had been a bit difficult today back talking to his parents and giving them a hard time about doing his homework.  During the game we worked in a talk about what it was like when we were kids and what would have happened to us if we had not done our homework and back talked to our parents.  We reminded him that it is important to be nice to your parents because they hold the keys to your future.  Do you want to drive a car?  They literally hold the keys.  Think twice about how you talk to your parents.

It was funny because he told us that he got in trouble because he spoke badly to his parents.  We asked him what happened and he said that he woke up and two hours later he still had not eaten breakfast.  That was when his dad wanted him to do his homework.  He told his dad "I have only been awake for two hours."  We laughed.  I imagined what my parents would say if I said I had only been awake for two hours and could not start my homework.  We told him that next time he should put his gameboy/phone down and eat breakfast and do his homework first.  Then play the game.  Then he would not get in trouble!

He may come over tomorrow night to watch the game again. Depends on if the game is on with the debates...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!