Monday, October 22, 2012

EXHAUSTION

For the last month I have just been exhausted. Not sure why. Just damned tired. All the time. Sometimes I will sit down to watch TV and fall asleep. In the middle of the afternoon. Or I will be working, typing and I will start to doze off.

It is hard to explain to people that kind of fatigue. I just can't stay awake unless I rally and get up and walk around. Then sometimes I can manage to get some momentum going and pull myself out of it but not always.

In the past month it has been hard. I have even been going to sleep at 8pm and 9pm and sleeping to 8am and still I feel like I could sleep all day. Of course then I get the cycle of migraines because I am so tired.

I think I maybe out of the cycle of sleepiness and of the migraines for now which is good. It really effects my life (especially my work) when I am so tired all the time!

Go Giants!

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. With what you have endured this month I am not surprised the fatigue has struck. You have been mentally as well as physically flat out.
    I love the little boy coming to watch the game and the wise words... he will be back.
    Hugs to all.
    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need a week or two during which you don't have to be "on" or be the decision-maker on everything. Time to just "be." To really, really rest. You've been under a lot of stress lately, Adrienne. Your ankle surgery and then the long recovery, then the scare over the lump in your calf, then the fight with the insurance co. over the MRI, then Brenda's surgery and ongoing recovery, and then your friend's hospitalization... and all this while still running your own business, working, making meals, doing the shopping, walking the dogs...

    You just need a little serious down-time. And I know that it's easier said than done. I wish there was a way to snap your fingers so you could have the benefits of that stress-free rest all at once, but there isn't. You might consider trying some meditation...

    Wishing you the best. Breathe deep. Smile as often as you can. And enjoy the Giants!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!