Thursday, May 3, 2012

Vacation part two

Since we have been on vacation in Palm Desert, we have done a few things. Since I can't walk too far some of the activities we normally participated in we have had to skip. Such as the street fair in Palm Springs. We went to the Salton Sea where we walked around a bit. It was an interesting place to visit. If only it smelled better. It smelled like a sulphur bath mixed with dead fish. Yum!

We also visited Pioneertown! Pioneertown is a town built out of the old Hollywood sets. This is where they shot many of the old time western movies. Some of the sets have been turned into real houses and folks live in them. The little post office is the most photographed in America. Then tonight we went on a Art Walk. I think I over did it with the walking.

Tomorrow is our final full day. So sad! There is talk of coming back here and other family trips next year. We will have to see how busy we are.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Palm Springs or the Palm Desert, though of course as a Californian, I've heard about them all my life. The Salton Sea has to be one of the strangest, absolutely weirdest places on Earth. I'm so glad you got to go on this vacation, Adrienne. It sounds like you relaxed and just "chilled," as the saying goes. Good for you and your partner! Have a safe trip home--and feel well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren, I am going to post photos in a few days, once surgery is done. I haven't had time to download them until today! It was interesting to see a documentary prior to going to the Salton Sea. It made it more fascinating.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!