Thursday, May 17, 2012

Post Op Day Nine

Saw the doctor today!  She removed my bedazzled cast.  It was a sad moment UNTIL I got to see my incision!  I have had dreams of what my incision looked like and it looked nothing like my dream.  It was just a Frankenstein stick about 2 inches long.  No blood or redness.  Pretty boring, really. The doctor then took a photo for my scrapbook and then proceeded to put on another cast. I was going to post the photo but my father said "Yuck" when he saw it.  I don't want to gross anyone out.

She told me how the surgery went.  I had a complete tear of my ligament which was worse than expected. She put in one or two metal clips.  The ankle bone and surrounding the ankle was in much better condition than expected considering my RA.  She also told me that my primary doctor called her to check in on me after my surgery.  That was sweet to hear. 

Now I can walk more without the crutches but have to be careful not to go up and down the stairs yet without them.  Progressing along swimmingly!

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Such good news, Adrienne! You're recovering beautifully! It's good to know that you made the right decision in having this surgery done, isn't it?

    Wishing you continued quick healing and sending along a warm hug...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren! You always have such uplifting things to say. I now know I made the right decision.

      Delete
  2. Bah, no incision picture. I wouldn't say yuck. It's always impressive how much work surgeons can get done with such a small opening. They pulled a baby out of me and I still can't believe that when I look at the length of the scar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want I will send you the incision photo! Brenda got a weak stomach looking at it. I love these things. Although when she took the cast off I did get a bit woozy for a second. I think it was moving my foot around for the first time in a week.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!