Monday, May 14, 2012

Post Op Day Six + Vacation Photos

I started back working today. Not a full day but part of a day.  I did the best I could.  I took a small nap in the morning.  I got a call from the hospital to check up on me.  She seemed surprised that I was still having pain but she said everyone heals at their own speed.  I have gone back to using a bit of ice.  I have Raynaud's so I have to be careful not to use to too much.  I think I walked too much today.  It was my first day getting out of the house.  Not sure I would have done it if I had not had an emergency.  But I got out and got some fresh air and saw real people!!  Yeah! 

In the middle of the day I took the little dog to the vets.  My dear neighbor and her husband drove me.  The little dog was so entertained that she didn't even have time to vomit in the car!  I should always take people with me!  The vet gave her some drops and some oral antibiotics.  She took the oral meds at dinner time but no dice with the eye drops.  She growls and bares her teeth when I try to put them in.  I will try again tomorrow morning when she is the "nice" dog.  The vet gave her some medicine that makes her tear fluorescent green tears.  The fluorescent green stuff also came out of her nose.  It was so science fiction.  First bloody eyes and now green tears.  She is a scrappy dog and a little fighter!

Overall, this process has been SO much better than I envisioned.  I thought I would be bedridden for days and in so much pain, just like when I had my knee surgery.  I am also not dopey from the painkillers.  Although I keep joking maybe they are some of those black market pills that are counterfeit and that is why I don't feel like I am taking painkillers!  Maybe that is why I still have pain!    I have been able to go up and down the stairs on crutches and have been watching TV and movies.  I have caught up on all the shows in time for the finale episodes.  Desperate Housewives, Gray's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, you get the picture.  Finale time is a good time to be laid up.  Lots of long TV shows.  I have been watching them on TV or on my Ipad. 

Here are some photos from Palm Desert:
Salton Sea CA


Dos Palmas Spring

We drove by this sign.  Thought it was funny!

Mane Street, Pioneertown, CA

Bath House at Pioneertown.  One of the western movie sets.
Funny sign hanging on Mane Street, Pioneertown

Irving the Fastest Gun in the West, Pioneertown

OK Corral seen in many old Western Movies, Pioneertown

Sign hanging in Pioneertown.  Too Funny!!
 Until tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to see that you are doing better and better each day! I hope your little four legged baby gets better too!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!