Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Infection or Not

I haven't written in a few days because I have not felt very well.  Yes, I know, I went through surgery.  But I was feeling really good.  I thought this was a breeze.  It hurt sure but overall I felt really good. 

Then I went to see the doctor and had my cast replaced.  Well, that was not a happy day.  I got woozy when the doctor moved my foot around.  A few hours after seeing the doctor I was in a bunch of pain.  Then Friday came and I was not feeling much better.  It hurt to walk on my ankle.

I started feeling ill over the weekend.  Such a lethargic feeling.  Sunday I laid on the couch all day.  Then the fever started.  Sunday night I had a fever, Monday morning I had a fever, Monday afternoon I had a fever.  I called the doctor Monday morning and got a phone call back at 4 pm.  My surgeon is on vacation.  My primary is on vacation.  My rheumatologist took my call.  She suggested I call the surgeon's on-call doctor.  I called him and he immediately put me on antibiotics and told me to call him at 7 am (and gave me his cellphone number!). 

Sometime in the night my fever went down and at 7 am I no longer had a temperature.  My high temperature didn't return until around dinner time.  I am waiting to see how it goes.  The on-call guy wants me to call him on Friday (or before) to give him an update. 

So, now I am back to taking it easy and taking antibiotics.  Not that I was out disco dancing or anything!  I am staying inside and keeping my foot elevated.  Keeping hydrated.  So, boring!

You can see how I was a bit occupied being ill for the last few days.  I will let you know what happens!

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you have taken a step backwards so to say. Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick. OK, it is time to get someone to rent you some movies! Comedies work wonders or I love a great cartoon type movie too. They usually make me smile when I am not feeling up to par. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made a plan last night! Since our town empties out for the holiday, we are going to go to the supermarket and ride around in the electronic cart and go shopping. Doesn't that sound like fun! Food and fun wrapped all in one.

      Delete
  2. Get well, feel better and keep healing. I know your positive attitude isn't going to let a fever get you down. I predict you'll be back to disco dancing in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weekend plan is going to include food shopping with the electronic cart, maybe a movie at a movie theatre and some rest. I want to watch some movies. We rented this movie Margin Call. I hear it is good. I have to rest up for the Belmont Stakes next weekend: I'll Have Another could win the Triple Crown!! Thanks!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!