Saturday, May 12, 2012

Post Op Day 4

Dry Pro Cast Cover
Thank you for all the nice comments and thoughts sent my way.  Today was a better day pain-wise.  I actually got up and took a shower and that made me feel a bit more like myself.  I use this cool thing called a Dry Pro.  It is the best product I have seen to keep a cast dry.  I am not being paid to endorse them, I just think they have a great product. If you ever need a cast cover I would check them out.  Plus you can use it over and over again.

Today was going to be such a nice relaxing day.  It started out that way.  Then around dinner time the dogs got into a scuffle and the little dog got a scrape on her eye lid.  There was blood in her eye, dripping down her face.  Of course she would not let me near it because she gets scared and won't let anyone help her.  I get anxious.  Of course this would happen four days post surgery!  I can't walk without crutches, I haven't even been out of the house yet.  I have no car to drive.  How in the world am going to get my little fairly aggressive, car sick dog to the veterinarians?  I call a few neighbors but they aren't home.  I sit and hold my little baby and she keeps licking my face.  I calm her down and get some Q-tips and warm water and once the bleeding stops I wipe the blood away with the Q-tips and some doggie treats.  She doesn't look too bad now (she looked horrible with the blood in her eye! Like something out of a horror movie.) and I think the little scrape will heal quickly.  I don't think a vet visit is necessary.  Meanwhile one of my neighbors called me back and offered to take me.  I told him I think I am going to wait and see what happens.  The dog seems fine right now.

It was just a helpless feeling to not be able too do much.  I have a problem with that.  I am used to being the one that does everything for myself.  When I originally got ill I had a terrible time giving up control.  But I worked real hard to let it go and realize that I no longer have any control over my life.  I think I have done really well with accepting and living my life that way.  But not in this instance.  I was not a happy person when I could not take my dog to the vet right away.  I could not hop in the car.  I called at least six neighbors to see if they could drive me but no one was answering their telephones.  Then I was wondering how I would get home.  A lot of taxis don't like to take dogs in their cabs.  I am sure a dog that gets car sick will not be welcomed.

Feeling so helpless getting the dog to the emergency room was not a good feeling.  I am sure it will not be the first or last time in these six weeks.  I need to go back to my place of knowing that people will help me out and that I can only do what I can do.  The rest will have to wait until I can do it. 

Have you ever felt helpless like this?  What did you do about it?

Tomorrow I will post the photos from vacation.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!