Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Death in the House

Yes, there has been a death.  It was sudden and unexpected.  We had just come home from our vacation and didn't expect it.  We barely got to say farewell.

Who died you ask?  Our media room television.  I just watched a show on it when we returned home on Saturday and Sunday morning we had sound but no picture.  Then no sound or picture.  It was a sad moment.

That TV was really big and very heavy.  It was given to us by my step-grandmother when she moved out of her home.  It took two of us to lift it off the stand and put it on the floor.  We then used the dog pillow to drag it into the dining room.  We have no clue how we are going to get it down the stairs and in the car to take it to the recycling center.

Since I have surgery in two days, I decided I better go out and get another TV really fast.  I did some research and got in the car and drove to Best Buy.  I bought a really big LCD 42".  (Okay for me it is big!) It is only a few inches bigger than the other TV but it just seems so much bigger without the tubes and such.  It didn't take much time to set up and make everything work.  It doesn't have enough plugs for all of our old stuff that takes the old plugs so we will have to unplug the DVD player to plug in the Wii.  Oh, well.  They don't make it easy, do they?

Then I spent the day shopping for food so we will have food for the first week while I am laid up.  I got all my favorites just in case I don't feel well.  Potatoes, rice, tater tots, etc.  I even bought vegan jello just in case.  I got soy ice cream and ice pops.  I still need to get ginger ale.  I have frozen food like some soup in the freezer.

I will post some vacation photos soon.  Everything is happening so fast these days!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!