Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love My IPad

When I bought my IPad I had so much angst about spending so much money. I don't take spending $500 easily. That is one month of health insurance. So buying a toy for $500 was a real luxury for me.

As it turns out it was a good purchase. During this time being laid up, I used my IPad every day. I had downloaded some TV shows and movies to watch. This kept me entertained when I could not sleep, when I came home from surgery and when I was bored lying in bed with my ankle propped up. My recovery would have been very different without my IPad. I read magazines, watched TV, got the news and played games all on one machine. Instead of lugging around a book, DVDs, magazines, etc. I had this one little machine.

To think I almost didn't buy it.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I would LOVE to get an iPad. Can't really justify the cost just now, but one of these days... I DID get myself a Kindle Fire for Christmas last year, and it's been my constant (literally) companion ever since. I've recently discovered audiobooks. I'm hooked. ;o)

    I'm glad you're feeling better after the infection scare, Adrienne, and I hope your recovery is back on track, now. Pain levels down? Mobility improving? You're in my thoughts and as always, have my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are so similar, the Ipad and Kindle. As long as you can websurf, read, etc. I go to the ABC Player or website and watch the ABC shows that I have missed. Or PBS website and watch their shows. My partner listens to audiobooks non-stop. Our local library lets you take them out digitally so she checks them out online and puts them on her Ipod.

      I am feeling more like myself these days. Pain is down and today is the first time Brenda noticed I am walking better. I took my last antibiotic last night and now we see what happens.

      Thank you for your good thoughts. I need all I can get!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!