Saturday, May 26, 2012

Running Errands

Today I went out to run errands! At first it was exciting, then it was exhausting, and then it it was just plain hard work. I took the bus to the pharmacy, then walked across the street to the hardware store, then walked back to the pharmacy (I thought Brenda was meeting me there.) Then I walked up the street to the bank (Brenda was waiting for me there). At that point we were supposed to take another bus to the supermarket. Brenda took one look at me and decided we needed to go to the little local market and take their shuttle van home. That is what we did. We walked back down the block and went to the market and bought three bags of stuff to hold us over for a few days. We took the shuttle home and I took a nap.

Brenda was right, I couldn't have gone any further. I would have gone on to the supermarket and pushed myself too far. Brenda always knows when I have had enough even when I don't know. I think we all need someone to tell us when we are going to far. Like a warning light! A blinking light that comes on when we are overheating or pushing ourselves too hard. Wouldn't that be great?!

I am getting a rental car on Tuesday and Wednesday for work and we can go to the supermarket then. That way I don't have to take buses, walk blocks, and take a taxi home. I can also plan the shopping.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!