Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More Post Op

I am at home with my foot up. Sitting here watching TV and the movie "Cowboys and Aliens". Quite honestly this has been my best surgery so far. By that I mean, I woke up with very little pain, I was not ill at all from the anesthesia, and I got out of the hospital fairly quickly. There were a few hiccups:

It was planned that I would get two stress doses of prednisone. One during the surgery and after. This is because I have adrenal insufficiency. I got the dose during the surgery but after the surgery I was told the were no orders for the second dose. We tried to get ahold of my primary doctor to no avail. Finally my surgeon put in the order but that wasted the time that I could have been discharged.

In recovery some women came to give me a boot for my cast. I didn't know I was getting a boot and the nurse told them it was not ordered, so they left. While in the second recovery (where your family members come to stay with you) the women came back with the boot and said the surgeon ordered it. That boot didn't fit over the cast so they had to get another boot. That all took time again.

In all I was pretty happy, if you can be happy about surgery. At home I am taking the Vicodine at regular intervals so I don't have much pain. I am walking on the crutches as instructed. I am keeping my foot elevated. I am hoping this keeps all problems to a minimum. Also, I am off the Enbrel until instructed.

So, I will be catching up on my movies and TV for a couple of days. Laying low, so to speak!

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and emails. I got the cutest email attachment photos from my niece and nephew. They were holding up signs that said "Aunt Adrienne Get Well" "Aunt Adrienne Speedy recovery" too cute for words! They are 7 months and 1 yr. 5 mo. old.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!