Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tomorrow's The Day

I started the morning with a surgical wash of Hiboclens.  Boy, wasn't that fun!  I opened the liter bottle and immediately dropped it.  Orange stuff all over the place.  After I cleaned that up, I got in the shower and washed myself all over with it, including my hair.  It was so much fun, I get to repeat the procedure tomorrow morning!


Then I ran some errands.  Got some cash since I will be unable to drive for many weeks.  Picked up some prescriptions, got my mail.  Then I went to the medical supply store to see if they have the type of waterproof cast cover that I want.  I am so silly that I want to be able to take a bath and shower in the next six weeks.  They didn't so my parents are going to mail me the pump-up type their doctor sells.  Pump up the volume! 

Then my clients went crazy!  Everyone started calling and emailing.  Some to wish me the best and others to get in their last minute items.  "Can you do this before your surgery?"  So I was working until 7 pm.  Then I ate and watched the last bit of Harry's Law.  Now I am working again and I am hungry!  I think it is psychological.  I know I can't eat after midnight so now I am starving.  It is kind of like how I eat when I watch Biggest Loser. 

I plan to get some sleep at some point and wake up at 4:45 am.  I have to take another Hiboclens shower, dress and get to the hospital at 6 am.  I already have my bag packed with some things (book, Ipod, medical papers)  and a small emergency bag just in case I have to stay overnight. Then I will write on my ankles NO on the ankle that gets no surgery.  I don't want any mistakes!!

I was so nervous back in April but my ankle has been hurting so much in the last four days that I am actually looking forward to the surgery.  Every step is like a knife in my ankle. Even driving hurts now. 

Well, tomorrow will fix the problem!  Until tomorrow... 

6 comments:

  1. Sending best wishes for a quick, safe and successful surgery and an easy recovery, Adrienne. I'll keep you in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been suffer arthritis too, but now i feel great!!

    Best wishes and good luck.
    Great share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope all goes well and you're feeling better in no time. Love from the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are the best! Thanks for the photos.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!