Sunday, April 1, 2012

Given An Award & Health Time Capsule #HAWMC - Day 1

I was given this award a few days ago!  I am so honored!  I have been so busy with this silly little surgery thing that I didn't find time to say thank you!  I have been awarded The Liebster Blog Award by Deb aka ABC's of RA.  Deb has been writing about her life with RA.  She has such an interesting and uplifting writing style (especially those kitty photo montages!)


From Deb's blog: For over thirteen years I have been traveling my ra journey.  I have taken claim to it.  I have carried it in silence at times, I have carried it in pain at times, I have tried to hide it at other times, and I have acknowledged that it will be with me for the rest of my life.  And today, I try desperately to celebrate it the best I can.

This award is given to bloggers who inspire you and have less than 200 followers. The Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning ‘Beloved, Dearest or Favorite’. I’m humbled and honored to receive this award.

As part of the tradition it is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired.

To accept the award you must:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.

I am honoring the following bloggers for their wonderful contributions to the health community. 

Wren, at RheumaBlog.  Wren writes the most poetic posts.  I always feel like I am there when she writes about a situation.  Her blog is "about rheuma and how it affects those of us who live with it every day."  

Megan, at Objects in Mirror are Closer than They Appear.  Megan is participating in the Health Activist Writers Month Challenge.  Her profiles states: I read and write like it's an addiction. I teach. I design objects and interfaces. I laugh often, though rarely early. I also happen to have lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Lana, at Living Life as I See Fit.   Lana is also participating in the Health Activist Writers Month Challenge.  Her profile states: From the day that I received my first diagnosis, rheumatoid arthritis, I promised myself that RA would not win. A couple months later, I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia. In beginning, I went through a variety of emotions: Fear, denial, optimism, frustration, numbness, and skepticism. My emotions would change several times day and hope and acceptance were a long ways down the road. My blog is about who I am, my struggle for answers, and how I have made lemonade.

Courtney, at Age Does Not Bring Wisdom, But It Does Give Perspective.  Courtney is my sister-in-law and dealing with two young children.  She is also currently trying to lose weight.  From her blog: One thing I plan on adding at the end of every entry is a bit about what the children have done or are doing.  You think you're going to remember everything as they grow up, and then you realize you can't even remember what was happening this time last year. 

Socks, at Itis.  Warm Socks profile states: This blog is where I record my experiences with autoimmune disease, doctors, and my interactions with the healthcare system.  In this autoimmune war, I intend to win.  You can, too.

___________________________________________________________________

 Day 1 #HAWMC  Health Time Capsule


Okay, here is the beginning of the Writer's Challenge.  I have to think of things to write about.   A time capsule to be opened in 2112.  What would I put in it?  I would put copies of my health tests just so I could see how far things have changed in the next ten years.  I am always interested in how much things have changed over time.  I find it hard to remember when I think back.  Did my feet hurt five years ago?  Did my hands hurt this much ten years ago?  Maybe I should put this blog in the time capsule since this is the closest thing I have to a medical journal.  I am not sure what personal things I would put in a time capsule.  Maybe photos to see what I looked like, what my hands and feet looked like.  What my weight was so I can see if by getting off steroids I could lose the weight. 

If people found it, they would think I am a fairly ill person but that I am a person who is optimistic for the future.


Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! I am not sure I would want to show future generations how bad RA was for us but I think I would want them to know how long we have come. When my grandfather was diagnosed with RA in the late 1960s, disease modifying drugs and biologic agents were around and I am sure that he is grateful that they are around for me. I hope that if my grandchild ever gets RA that the chances of remission are 100%. Yes, we have come a long ways and I am sure we will be further along in the next 20 to 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Liebster Award! Thank you, Adrienne, and for your kind words. I'll do my best to honor it and pass it on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Adrienne! I'm pleased and honored to be selected for the award.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!