Saturday, April 28, 2012

The First Time I… - #HAWMC Day 28



The First Time I… Write a post about the first time you did something. What is it?
What was it like? What did you learn from it? 

Okay, because I am in work mode these days, I will talk about a work thing.  All I seem to do is work anymore.  I am NOT complaining!  After last year and the downturn in the economy, this is great.  I just wish it were spread out a little!  Some days I am working 12 hour days and it gets a little exhausting.  I am really happy though!  I love my work.

So this thing I had to learn how to do for the first time is a business proposal.  In the past when I got a referral for work, it is usually a company or nonprofit that is desperate to find someone who can fix their problem.  I am asked to give references and then they hire me.  The last two times I have been asked for a business proposal.  The first proposal left a lot to be desired. This last one took a whole day to write it.  Then after I wrote and handed it in, the scope of work changed and now they want another proposal.  I am so unsure about doing them, so I avoid them as long as possible. I learned that I need to find out how to do them and get better at doing them. 

What did you do for the first time and what did you learn from it?

Until tomorrow...


If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge (#HAWMC) during the month of April, sign up here.

2 comments:

  1. I am in the throws of fostering weebie kittens. What a learning curve is all I can say. And I have learned that people need to be sure they fix their animals so we don't have so many out there starving and put down just because there are too many of them.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!