Saturday, April 14, 2012

10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without - #HAWMC Day 13



10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without. Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.

Yesterday I was not feeling very good.  I had a massive migraine so I went to bed early.  The migraine continued into today despite taking medicine.  Finally I took an Imitrex shot and now hours later I feel much better.  I can finally function.  Although I am a bit hungry.  Oh, and I have a massive bruise where I gave myself the shot!  Hate that. 

Now, 10 things I can't live without. 
  1. My Medicine!  As you can see from today, I am a mess without my medicine.  I can imagine how long this migraine would have continued without taking the shot.
  2. My Family.  Brenda, Lucky, Happi and Sunny.  They are the best.
  3. Music.  I love music and listening to it calms me down and makes me happy!
  4. Books.  Especially when I have insomnia.  
  5. Good Food.  I love to eat good food.  Now that I cook, I look forward to food.  I used to not care if I ate or not.  Now I am happy to eat.
  6. Internet. Okay, I am connected.  I can't help it.  I have a smartphone, Ipad, laptop.  I am connected 24/7.  I want to get new alerts and updates.  I want to get my People update every day.  I like to get the latest emails.  
  7. Chocolate.  I am a chocoholic.  I admit it.  I have given up alcohol, drugs, wearing fur, eating meat, smoking.  I have this one vice!  Chocolate.  Really good chocolate.  High quality chocolate. European chocolate.   I don't think I can ever give this one up. 
  8. I am lactose intolerant but I love Ice Cream.  Every now and then I sneak a little bit.  I make sure it is good quality.  I am not eating any cheap ice cream if I can only eat a spoonful.  I only eat the good stuff!
  9. Double Stuff Oreo Cookies.  Yes, I am addicted.  They are a vice.  Since I have to be careful how much chocolate I eat, I eat a double stuffed oreo to get satisfy that chocolate urge.  Guess I must be hungry with all this food talk.
  10. TV/Movies.  I like to watch TV to unstress.  I admit it.  TV is fun. I like to watch movies too.  We rarely go to the movies, we watch Netflix or OnDemand.   This is my de-stressor.  Right now I am watching a re-run of Law & Order: SUV while writing this.  I have a bunch of favorites but the funniest this week was Mike & Molly.  Cracks me up!
I didn't include my health but to me that is a given.  Without my health, I wouldn't be living!

Until tomorrow...

If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge (#HAWMC) during the month of April, sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!