Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ekphrasis Post - #HAWMC Day 5


Ekphrasis Post. Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus? Don’t forget to post the image!


It is that time of the year.  Some call it Easter.  I call it Cadbury Mini Egg time.  My second favorite time of the year.  Christmas being my favorite.  At our house we call Cadbury Mini Eggs "Crack Eggs".  Why you may ask?  If you are asking you have never had one.  ONE?! You can't have just one.  Once you open the bag, you can't stop eating them.  We call them Crack Eggs because they are as addictive as any substance.  We are convinced there is something other than chocolate in those eggs.  It has to do with the hard shell coating.

These eggs are the perfect combination of hard, crunchy shell and sweet, melty chocolate.  They also don't melt in your hand which makes them almost the perfect candy snack.  I can easily put away one-half of a bag in one sitting.  I like to put the egg in my mouth and then break it in half and crunch each half and let the chocolate melt in my mouth.

Go out and have a great Easter and if you are so inclined, get yourself some Cadbury Mini Eggs, if there are any left on the shelves.  I know I will.  Honestly, we have already gone through two bags of the Crack Eggs.  I know I have to avoid the Easter candy aisle of our local Walgreens.  Okay, maybe one more bag for this weekend...

Update on my surgery: Met with the surgeon today and we went over the steps of my surgery.  There are a few things wrong with my ankle/foot but we can't fix them all in one surgery.  I will get the ligament fixed first and then see where things are.  If I still have pain, another smaller surgery will be in my future.  I just want her to stop pressing on the points that hurt so much! 

Until tomorrow...

If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge (#HAWMC) during the month of April, sign up here.

1 comment:

  1. Peeps were always my favs but I have sworn off sweets except dark chocolate and only once in awhile. I do know of these little goodies you write about...we ate them in my house as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!