Monday, April 16, 2012

Writing with Style - #HAWMC Day 15



Writing with Style. What’s your writing style? Do words just flow from your mind to your fingertips? Do you like handwriting first? Do you plan your posts? Title first or last? Where do you write best?

Writing.  Well, I call it typing.  I don't write my posts.  I type them.  Sometimes I plan my posts like when something exciting happened that day or when I am participating in a blog challenge.  Then I think about the subject or topic or event and begin writing.  I usually write what happened and then go back and read it and make edits.  I like to make the story flow if I am telling a story.  If I am answering a blog challenge question, it is much harder for me because the challenge answers don't usually flow off my fingertips. 

I usually come up with the title first.  I try to come up with something funny or quirky.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes I post and then I come up with the best title.  Too late.

I write best when I am not stressed or under the gun to get the post completed.  I am usually on the couch watching TV with my feet up.  Laptop on my lap.  (where else does the laptop go?) 

Until tomorrow...

If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge (#HAWMC) during the month of April, sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!