Thursday, March 29, 2012

"We Have No Surgery Scheduled" she said

What a day. I woke up planning my week before surgery. I returned the waterproof cast covers at Walgreens. While sitting in my car near a busy intersection, I phoned my surgeons office. I had not received my pre-surgery packet. When I got the docs assistant and I asked her about my surgery packet. She replied What surgery? Huh?! I said I am having surgery on April 5th. She said no you aren't. You aren't scheduled. I broke into actual tears. I was crying hysterically. I hung up the phone. People walking by were staring. Five minutes later I decided this needed a face- to-face talk.

I got to the office and she took me in the back and explained to me it was a mistake. Turns out some temp scheduled me as an appointment not as surgery. She never left a message for the docs assistant. so, now I have no surgery time scheduled.

So no surgery on April 5th. The world has mae it clear surgery on 4/5 is a bad idea. I am at peace for many reasons. One being that even though my plans are messed up, my work commitments will be easier in April. This will work I think.

I am exhausted and need to go to sleep. thanks Sabrina.

Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Did I hear you screaming so loud I could hear you in NC....ASSUME! How in the world? Maybe it is carma and meant to be but what I have been witnessing this week in the medical community is scaring me to death personally. My daughter has had some health issues recently and all I can say is the medical field at large really needs a reality check! This kind of mistake should not happen. Can it happen...well yes but if they were a real business, procedures would be put in place to avoid this type of problem. And what I find so disappointing is they didn't even have a clue until you, the patient and their customer pointed this terribly mistake out to them. My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine your frustration and roller coaster of emotions that have been set off by all of this. Stomping my feet, throwing my hands up in the air clenched right along with you (well doing this dance in my head anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, if it is any consolation, I received my pre-surgery packet in the mail today for my May surgery! So I know this time it is for real. I have let it go. I want nothing but good thoughts for May 9th.

      Delete
  2. So, April 5 is not the day for knee surgery. There will be a another day. I agree with Deb - maye it is a sign or karma or something but it is not happening on April 5. It will happen when it supposed to happen. Gentle hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana. I feel much more relaxed about May 9th. This is the way it is supposed to be.

      Delete
  3. Adrienne, how terribly frustrating, and infuriating, and irritating, and maddening. I don't know how you're coping, but we're thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney, I am thinking of you! Poor thing with two kids with Chicken Pox!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!