Sunday, July 10, 2016

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 314.  Babies!  Two of my friends notified me they had their babies this week.  Babies everywhere!  One is a boy and one is a girl.  It will be so exciting to hear about them grow up.  Their photos are so cute!  I am just so happy that everyone is happy and healthy.

I bought a computer last night.  My laptop was old. Not so old in dog years but in computer years very old.  It has been dying a slow and painful death.  In fact I am typing this blog post on the new computer.  It is a 2 in 1 laptop.  Meaning it can flip around and become a tablet that I can write on.  I have not tried it yet.

Today I decided to set it up without any assistance from my brother.  I figured how hard can it be?  It is Windows 9 billion doesn't it set up by itself and make me a cup of coffee?  I turned it on and it did all the regular set up (what country, what language, etc.)  I set up the wifi. I downloaded Norton anti-virus.  Then I decided to set up the password.  I opened the password window and while I was thinking of a password, I distracted and the computer went to sleep.  The password was set that when the computer went to sleep I needed to put in the password to turn it back on.  Well, I had not put in a password yet.  The computer kept asking me for a password.  WHAT?  I had not entered a password how can I give you a password?  Crap.

I had to go back to the computer store and have the tech reset something that allowed me to put in a new password.  Whew!   Better have this happen before I installed a bunch of programs.

I really like my new laptop.  It is so thin and so light.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!