Tuesday, March 28, 2023

MOLD

The restoration people came today to do the demo. It was a little scary to hear all the banging and crashing. After a couple hours they let me know they found mold in the wall and the floor. They had to wrap the wall and windows up until they can come back. When they come back they will do some cleaning of the mold and some other stuff. 

Meanwhile they put dehumidifiers downstairs and in the crawl space. They have to run 24/7 until they come back. Once they come back I will not be able to go downstairs for a few days. 

They informed me that I can not live downstairs and only go downstairs with a mask on for short amounts of time. So I spent an hour moving all my necessities upstairs to the guest room and clearing my photo studio out of the guest room.  I have five days worth of clothes but this process may go longer. 

Finding the mold was not expected. I thought a small amount of mold maybe but this much I was not prepared for. 

Tonight I had to search for Lucky. She snuck downstairs and climbed into my bed. I had to convince her that we were sleeping upstairs. 

It was quite a day. People keep telling me to relax. This is super stressful. I got most of my blood tests back and so far so good. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!