Monday, March 13, 2023

DAY OF INSURANCE REPORTING

 I spent the day talking to contractors, insurance company reps, restoration folks, handymen, and family. I have everything set up. I bought a dehumdifier that will arrive tomorrow. I have a fan running most of the day drying things out. I have a air purifier running in my bedroom to clear the air. 

The contractor came and told me that I only need a handyman to fix the situation. He was super nice and really honest. I spoke to restoration people who gave me a bunch of tips on what to do until they can get to my house. I started to pull out the insulation and called my handyman and asked him to come and pull the rest out. 

I spoke to the insurance people and they are super nice and gave me all sorts of information. I am in the disaster zone so it will be covered. 

My family gave me all sorts of information like to drill holes in the area where the water has been accumulating so it can drain. 

I am exhausted and can't wait to sleep. I got no work done. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I think I would wait. Almost nothing you do after the fact will make much difference on cost of the repair,, unless the contractor is taking a very long time to show up.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!