Friday, June 17, 2022

DAY FOUR LANDSCAPING PROJECT -THE FENCE IS GONE!

 Well, my chain link fence is gone. This puts a smile on my face. A big smile. The guys worked so hard today. Just hours of back breaking work. Pulling out ivy, breaking down the last bit of fence. Cutting a crazy tree/bush. Cutting a railroad tie. So much stuff. The backyard looks so much bigger. I have the final measurements so I can order the new fencing. I wanted them to measure again (which wasn't taken too well) but I wanted to be certain since I can't really measure by myself. It really takes two people to measure a backyard. Now that I am certain (Okay, I admit it. I stood and watched them measure.) I can order the necessary fencing. 


 I am exhausted. It is hard to project manage two guys. I have to get them ice cold water. Sometimes get them tools that they have forgotten. Provide a much needed entertainment break. I watch over the work and provide useful commentary and critique. Plus, I have to do my own work and deal with the animals. It is a lot. 

But I got a bonus today. My Pride flag was hung. Here is the saga. I used to have a flag pole that hung on the side of my house. 1.5 years ago the pole snapped when (I think) someone pulled the flag down.  This is the second time someone had done it. I tried to buy another flag pole but it was COVID and I don't need to say more. This week I decided to buy a flag pole and one arrived on Wednesday. My guy was going to hang the flag but when I pulled out my 2' flag it was the wrong size for this pole I bought. The pole had hooks at set spaces. The spaces were for a 2.5' flag and you couldn't move them. No pride flags come in 2.5' size, I checked. So, I bought a 3' flag and thought we could move the hooks. The flag arrived and I looked more closely at the hooks and realized they were held on with plastic rings. It is really windy here and plastic rings would not do. One of the guys was going to the hardware store and I asked him to get a new flag pole. He got another pole but it had no hooks and we had to drill holes and put in eye hooks. Once that was done we put on the flag at which time he went to hang it and the flag pole holder had no screw in it. The screw holds the pole tight in the base. We had to search through my bunch of screws (thanks Dad for teaching me to save random screws) and found one that fit. He put the pole up and the flag is flying. Saga over. 

I had a Vegan "Chickun" Caesar Salad. It was a delicious. I used vegan "chicken" nuggets for the salad. 

I see what every goes crazy for.

I think that is enough for today.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky called me on Saturday and said the guys missed a spot. I do not know what that means but I told her Ruff Roff Rrrrr, Ruff. She seemed satisfied. If not tell her to call back and accept my wruff in apology.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!