Monday, June 6, 2022

DAY ONE OF THE LANDSCAPING PROJECT

 Today I am so excited. My landscaper showed up and started working. I was a little unprepared for him to show up when he did and I was still in my PJs. He came with his sweet dog and we had a talk about my vision. He is up for the work. He started working right away. Here is what I want:

Right side fence - I want the ivy removed and the fence to be be saved as much as can be but take out all the rotted part. Mostly old lattice. Dig up the ivy and and remove the roots. Install new lattice.

Left side fence - remove metal fence dig up concrete posts if possible. Remove all ivy including roots. Install new fence. 

Clear out the whole backyard of all weeds. 

Power wash the slate.

Then we had a talk about the area underneath my deck and how that is unused space. He says he can level that earth and make the space usable. 

It is going to look like a whole new backyard. 

Today he made some progress. The weeds are gone. He started on the right side fence. He filled six bags of compost at least. It is like I am getting more real estate. 

Here is where the ivy has been removed from the fence.


I worked while he was doing this backyard work. Then I made some cashew butter. I need something to put on my morning muffin since my peanut butter has been recalled. It turned out really well. 


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!