Thursday, June 9, 2022

IT WAS A HOT DAY

Today was a hot day. It would have been a wonderful day to spend in my backyard but all my tasks were inside. I did have to move the 12 bags of compost out to the curb for pick up tomorrow. I still have three more bags but the garbage people only take 10 plus the two in my compost bin. 

Then my water delivery came and the guy delivered the wrong kind of water. I dragged the bottles inside, called the company and they said drag them back outside for pickup tomorrow. They are going to switch them. 

I online food shopped for this weekend. I'm hoping to make some of the recipes from the next chapter of my cooking course. They are going to come out with another course soon. I think I have five courses left. 2 cheese courses, sourdough bread, North American cuisine, and the upcoming Foraging Herbs. 

My very nice neighbor gave me a few ounces of whiskey for one of the recipes. I figure it is a good trade. I ply him with pastries and he gives me small amounts of alcohol for cooking. 

Tonight I had a salad for dinner because it was so hot. I didn't want to cook anything. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I told my wife my neighbor gave me a small amount of whiskey once. She then asked about the beer, gin, tequila and daiquiris he also gave me. I reminded her I was stocking up.

    Yeah we don't do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink which is why I have to beg for alcohol to cook with. The alcohol cooks off.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!