Wednesday, January 23, 2019

SUCCESSFUL MRI

This morning I looked out and another car was blocking not just my driveway but it was parked into my neighbor's driveway.  I asked my next door neighbor if it was her friend but she didn't know the car.  We agreed it needed to be towed.  I called but the person came back before the tow truck arrived.

I had to have the car moved because I was going to get an MRI on my wrist.  There was a cancellation at the doctor's office and I jumped on it.  Unfortunately I will not get the results until Tuesday since the doctor is on vacation.

That MRI should be used for a new form of torture.  Not that I believe in torture.  But if I did... 

First they sit me in a special chair that reclines.  Then they take my arm and with much pain, they make me put it out like a bird wing.  The arm goes in a MRI machine specially made for arms.  Then they put a weight on my hand.  My arm is laying down with my open hand facing up.  It is about 40 degrees in the room and they ran out of ear plugs.  My head is right next to the MRI machine.  It was as uncomfortable as I have been in an MRI machine.  That is saying a lot since I have had about 50 MRIs at least, in various incarnations.  Before this the worst was on my stomach getting a MRI biopsy.  Oh, it took about an hour.  Ugh.  The last film I ruined because I was shivering too much and I moved.  He got me some blankets at that point.

Anyway, it is over and now we wait.  He would not tell me anything.  But he made a noise when I explained my pain.  I took it to mean he had heard this before.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!