Tuesday, January 22, 2019

PARKED IN MY DRIVEWAY

Last evening a car parked in my red zone that allows me to enter and exit my driveway.  I put a note on their car that said "You are parked in a red zone.  It makes it very difficult for cars to exit both driveways.  In the future please do not park here or you will be towed.  Thank you."

I watched and a person drove up in another car, read the note and drove off.  It seemed like the owner read the note and decided to leave their car parked in the red zone.  Since I didn't know when they were coming back, I called the city to come tow the car.

Hours later my doorbell rang.  I ignored it.  I rang again.  I answered it and it was a guy confronting me about towing his car.  He said the note was a warning and he felt he could leave his car parked there.  Who was I to tow his car? 

I went inside and closed the door.  Don't worry I have a gate between me and anyone who visits (invited or not) and a very loud dog. 

It turns out he was a neighbor's friend.  The neighbor knew he had parked there.  It was him who came by and read the note and decided to leave his car parked blocking my driveway.  I called my neighbor and said why didn't you let me know and just move the car up a bit?  I wouldn't have towed it.  I didn't know who's car it was. 

My neighbor know's I tow cars that park in my driveway.  I tow about 5 - 10 cars a year.  It is a well known fact in the neighborhood.

Anyway, I don't think we are friendly neighbor's anymore.  She sounded pretty angry on the phone.  

People don't take responsibility for their actions.  He parked illegally.  I was within my rights to tow the car. 

Ergh...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!