Wednesday, January 2, 2019

CRACKED TOOTH AND TEMPORARY CROWN

Aren't these sneakers great!? They are so cute.

This weekend I was eating when I heard a crunch. It was my tooth. My crown came off. It has happened before.

My dentist said to come in this morning at 9am. Right away she shot me up with Novocaine. She took x-rays to see how bad the damage was. Then she shot me up with more Novocaine.  Then more. And more. I think I got 15 shots overall. I could have been punched and I probably would not have felt it. She had to keep shooting me because there was a nerve that was not numbing.

Turns out the crown did not just pop off. The tooth crumbled under the crown and then the crown popped off. The dentist had to grind down the tooth, and grind down the tooth, so she could put on a temporary crown. Four hours later she was done. I may be able to feel my face by tomorrow!

I have a temporary for two weeks. Then I get a permanent crown.

Now the question is will I be able to get the Shinrex shot? The dentist said most likely but we have to see.

I guess I am off to a great start on my medical deductions for my 2019 taxes. A crown with no dental insurance costs the same as what I paid for Lucky's last dental. At least I get a tax break with human dental care.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!