Thursday, January 10, 2019

JUST A BIT WRONG WITH HAPPI

This picture is for my Dad who likes the pictures.

I know I talk about my dogs a lot but they are my babies. 

I am worried something has gone wrong with Happi.  Not horribly wrong just a bit wrong.  I thought it was a urinary tract infection at first and called the doctor for an appointment. 

Early this morning we went in to the office.  Happi was not happy about going in.  She walked really slow, sniffing each crack in the sidewalk.  Finally, I had to carry her to arrive on-time.  I explained to the doctor what was going on: Happi has had some accidents on the floor in the kitchen, my bedroom and on my bed.  She is drinking a large amount of water again like she did before her surgery.  She is licking her lips again and drooling.  The doctor tested her pee and blood, checked her surgery site and looked her over.   He thinks she doesn't have a UTI but that she is having issues in her intestines. 

So, the food is working.  Her poop is the best it has been in years.  The surgery, hopefully, cured her UTI problems.  She has not vomited in weeks so her stomach is much better.  Now the last part is her intestinal problems. Once this gets fixed, BAM!  Tomorrow morning I start Prilosec first thing in the morning.  Then we continue the Suculfrate three times a day. 

It is so great to see Happi acting like herself again.  Older but still a lovebug! 

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!