Friday, January 11, 2019

SHINREX SHOT

Today was a very rainy day.  I went to work for a client mid-day.  Then I took a cab to the vet's office to pick up Happi's special stinky food. I had the cab wait and he took me home.  Then I took the bus down to the post office where I picked up a large box of wee wee pads. From there I went to get my Shinrex shot. This time it didn't hurt when I got the shot.

Hours later the spot where I got the shot hurts a fair amount. I put ice on it.

When I was walking from the post office to get the shot, while carrying the big box, I slipped on a metal plate on the sidewalk. I landed on my left elbow and my butt.  I may have hit my hand also. Two guys helped me up on my feet.

I didn't think I was hurt and my elbow wasn't even bruised.

Around 6 pm my hand started to hurt. More and more as time went on. By 8:30 pm I could not stand it and my hand was starting to tingle. I had to go to the ER.

I got myself ready and called a cab. The ER was not crowed and I got through triage pretty quick. Then they gave me some Motrin and an ice pack. I was in a lot of pain. They took me to do x-rays of my hand, arm and elbow. During that process I almost vomited.

I had to wait a few minutes for a bed. My friend S started texting me to keep me company. The doctor came and said the x-rays said there was no break. But he can't understand the pain I am in. He suggested immobilizing the forearm and wrist with a cast type thing made out of fiber glass. So that is what they did. It can come off but I am not sure I can do it alone.

He gave me some Norco and sent me home. I tried to write this post but I started to get nauseous. So I went to sleep.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!