Wednesday, January 9, 2019

I GOT KICKED OUT OF JURY DUTY

I am so happy.  I showed up for jury duty at 1:30 as required.  I sat in a room with a couple of hundred other people who didn't want to be there.  We listened to an annoying message over and over again until my name was called.  At that point I was told to go to a court room with about 75 people. 

We listened to the judge give us instructions.  She was very nice (not like the last judge I was in front of two years ago) and told us this case was going to be 14 business days long.  If anyone had a hardship, she would entertain it.  But first if we didn't have a hardship or was happy to be on a jury, take a slip and come back tomorrow.

I had a hardship so I filled out the form for a hardship waiver.  I explained I am a consultant and my work and livelihood depends on me working.  I also explained that I am taking a Shingles shot this Friday and I may not be well enough to come to sit in a jury all day on Monday.  The judge gave me a waiver and I was let go.  I am free for two years.  Yay!  I was out in less than 1.5 hours.  Woo Hoo!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!