Thursday, February 11, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXY-FOUR OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 164.  Today I had a client meeting and after the meeting I walked down the block.  There were some people playing Lawn Bowling.  It was such a lovely day that I sat down to watch.  A nice man explained the game to me.  I will try to explain it to you. 


Basically there are four people playing each game.  Two on each team.   One person from each team is on each end of the field.  The two men dressed all in black are team mates with the people far off on the left side.  One person from a team throws a white ball.  The white ball becomes the point all the other balls are trying to get closest to.  Then one by one the two people on one end of the field toss the ball and try to get it closest to the white ball.  There is some sort of score keeping.  Then the other two at the other end throw their balls to this end of the field and try to get it closest to the white ball.  At some point the four people switch sides. 

It looks like a fun game.  A bit like horse shoes or shuffle board or curling or boccie ball.  Lawn bowling is played on a sandy field.  It was a nice way to spend one-half and hour on a sunny day.

While I was there watching I left my coffee mug and had to come all the way back to get it.  I don't know what is up with me lately.  I am leaving things and forgetting things all over the place.  

I didn't ride the bike today.  I ran out of time.  What can I say.  Walk the dogs, feed the dogs, take out the trash, last minute client phone call.  Oh, I did get the fish tank filters.  I took out the old filter and now it all makes sense.  The old filter was disgusting.  No wonder the poor fish were gasping for air and there is green goop on the glass.  I think it will clear up now with the new filter, changed water, and two snails.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!