Monday, February 15, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXY-EIGHT OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 168. I know many of you think what is she doing with this Happiness Project?  Some days my blog posts don't seem to have much to do with any Happiness Project.  I feel there is a connection between happiness and health.  One doesn't mean the other but I do feel that if you are happier, you are more apt to want to do things and doing things can make you feel healthier.  Whether the things you are doing are cooking food, having a friend over to play a game, watching a good movie or hiking a trail, walking your dog, going dancing.  Doing what you love or what makes you happy puts joy in your heart.  Since getting Adrienne's disease I have had to learn to find things that I love that I can do.  I don't dwell on the things I can't do, I think of ways I can do them or do different things.  I can go dancing just not in the 5" heels I used to wear.  I can go to a museum but I park close by especially if I also want to go see the flower exhibit at the garden nearby.  I know I can't do all three: take public transportation, go the museum and go see the flowers.  So I figure out how to go to the museum and see the flowers and drive and park in the lot.  After the museum, I reassess if I can see the flowers.  That is how I find my joy.  Sometimes I can't go see the flowers.  But that is okay.    



This weekend I began the Marie "KonMari" Kondo system of decluttering.  She has a book that I have blogged about before titled "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up".  One of her magic ideas is to fold your clothes in a way that they stand up and you stack your clothes upright so in your drawer all your clothes are not flat and laying on top of each other.  Instead they are standing upright so you can see them all.  It made me so happy to see all my shirts all stacked and folded in my drawer.  My undies are stacked too.  I am working through my clothing.  I am also getting rid of things that are too big.  I am really happy.  See the photo below.


These are the lovely tulips I bought for myself.  They are so pretty.


Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I enjoyed your Konmari post. Thank you for sharing, and it's so nice to hear how much happiness you inspire. I am going to be helping my mother get started with the Konmari method, and she has quite severe rheumatoid arthritis. I don't know how challenging and time consuming the clothing folding will be, and I wondering what you would recommend in this case. Any tips for this particular issue will be much appreciated. Please email me at rcooperstock@hotmail.com if you can. Thanks in advance, Ramona

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!