Monday, February 22, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY-FIVE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 175.   I felt horrible all day.  I had to go to a clients in the morning and I came right back home and got into bed.  I tried to sleep.  By 7pm my temperature started to rise.  I watched it go from 99.2 to 99.6 to 99.9.  That is when I called my neighbor.  I needed to find someone to drive me to the ER and be able to walk my dogs if I was held for too long.

My neighbor came over and thank goodness he was thinking clearly because I was not.  He had me walk him through how to feed and walk the dogs, feeding the fish and bird.  I gave him a key and he took me to the ER.

I sat in the ER for about 1.5 hours in the waiting room with a mask on my face.  Then I was taken in to a private room.  Now the tests start.  I was sent for a CAT scan, blood tests, urine test, chest x-ray,  and my favorite and spinal tap.  I have had a spinal tap before but this one did not go well.  I won't go into the gory details but let's just say she didn't get where she needed to be on the first or second try.

They weren't sure what I had, if I was going to be admitted, such indecision.  Twelve hours later they knew I had meningitis but now sure what kind and if it was contagious or not so I had to be admitted.  I definitely did not have bacterial meningitis.  If I had bacterial I would have been dead already because you have to get to an ER within 48 - 72 hours and it had already been more than 72 hours.  So silver lining!  No deadly disease.

I either had viral or aseptic meningitis.  I had to wait for the petri dish to grow some stuff to tell us which one.  That would take days.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!