Tuesday, February 23, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY-SIX OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 176.  At 8 am I was transferred from the emergency room to a room in the hospital.  While wearing a mask on my face, I was wheeled from the ER to the room that is to be my home for the next few days.  I was put in a double room by myself because I was considered contagious.  I began texting and calling friends and family to let them know I was in the hospital.

I was sick.  I can't begin to tell you how sick I was.  My head felt like a coconut was being cracked on it all the time.  My neck hurt all the time.  I was nauseous all the time. The nurses were either taking my blood pressure, temperature, heart rate or they were giving me morphine or they were giving me anti-nausea meds.  I was either sleeping, peeing (from all the saline they were pumping into me) or answering texts/phone calls.  Television or reading made me sick.

About part way through the day my phone began to die.  I watched that battery symbol get lower and lower.  I realized that I brought my kindle and iPad but not a phone charger.  I had no way to get a charger from home.  I told my friend C that I could not talk long because I had no charger.  Hours later a nurse brought me a Vanity Fair, phone cord and cute butterfly plug.  I told them I didn't order anything.  Turns out my friend C called the hospital store and bought me these items and had them delivered to my bedside.  That was the nicest thing ever!  A life saver really!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!