Tuesday, December 1, 2015

DAY NINETY-TWO OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 92.  I am sitting here listening to "Silver and Gold" while watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  It is on SO early this year!  Pretty soon they are going to show it on Thanksgiving night!  I heard my first Christmas carol on the radio on Thanksgiving. Ugh.  I hate that.  Let me get over one holiday before we start on another.

I think I mentioned I am sick.  I feel better in one way but not better in another.  My runny nose has slowed down so that makes me happy.  The coughing is deeper and mostly only happens when I talk or laugh.  So if I sit quietly I am fine.  It is becoming a dry cough.  I am not sure if that is good or bad; it is different.  I am no longer coughing up icky stuff and my chest doesn't burn as much.  Hopefully we caught it in time.  Last thing I need is bronchitis or pneumonia.  This is the time of year I get one of those two. 

Oh, it is the Island of Misfit Toys!  A Charlie in the Box.  A polk-a-dotted elephant.  A choo choo with square wheels.  A water pistol that shoots jelly.  A cowboy that rides an ostrich. 

Today is the first day of December's Resolution: Social Butterfly


There are amazingly wonderful people in all walks of life; some familiar to us and others not. Stretch yourself and really get to know people. People are in many ways one of our greatest treasures.”

 The categories are:
  • Have Parties!
  • Get Out and Do Things
  • Take Risks
  • Meet People
  • Don't be Afraid to Go Alone
  • Join Something - Get Active
  • Volunteer
  • Have Fun!
It is the first day and I am in bed for the second day.

I do have a lot of social things planned this month.  I have been invited to three parties, two concerts, one movie (Star Wars!), and three outings with friends.  Plus I am thinking of having a party.  I will also finally go two-stepping as I promised a friend.

I can check off have party, get out and do things, and have fun!  When I go two-stepping that will cover take risks, meet people and don't be afraid to go alone. 

Now I have to get better so I can attend all these social events and be a Social Butterfly.

Rudolph, with your nose so bright won't you guide my sleigh tonight? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!