Monday, December 7, 2015

DAY NINETY-EIGHT OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 98.  I am working on being a social butterfly.  Now that I am done being ill, I have a whole lot lined up to do.  Last night I went to a concert with friends and to see a friend perform. 

Something really funny happened.  I don't drink alcohol.  I haven't in almost 20 years.  I don't really know how much drinks cost in a bar.  I know how much drinks cost in Las Vegas because I asked when I was there.  I know my water cost $7, cough.  My water and a mixed drink cost more than $20.  Last night I wanted to buy a round of drinks.  We had ordered our drinks (two sparkling waters and two fancy beers) and two people ordered some food.  When the waitress came with the drinks, I said I wanted to pay.  Everyone objected but I wanted to buy a round.  Little did I know I bought the drinks AND the food.  No one told me until after the concert when they thanked me for buying them dinner. 

Today I had lunch with a friend that I had not seen in a year.  It was great to catch up.  We were both consultants at the same client for about 1.5 years.  She is a hoot.  I really like working with her.  It was a really nice lunch.

I was also invited to another party.  I feel like I have something to do almost every day.  It is great! 

Tomorrow is decoration day.  I am getting up early and getting a tree and wreath.  Then the decorating begins.  It will be Christmas all over the house.  Yay!!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!