Thursday, December 10, 2015

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND ONE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 101.  Today was a day of doctor's appointment, food shopping and making a desert.

I went to see my gut doctor.  I was given a clean bill and don't need to return for 6 months unless something happens.  My stomach has been good lately.  I stopped by my foot doctor and chatted for a bit with her.  We maybe going out with them later this month to the ballet. 

I went to the food store and bought all the food and drink for the party.  Lots of drink.

Today was the day to remove the apricots from the brandy.  They looked great.  I melted the chocolate and dipped the apricots.  To bring you up to speed.  I put apricots in a brandy mixture and soaked them for three weeks.  Today I drained the brandy infused apricot and saved it to put in little bottles for Christmas presents.  I dried off the apricots and melted some vegan chocolate and dipped the apricots in it.  Then I put them in the refrigerator.  They looked excellent.  I can't taste them because I don't drink alcohol but they look great.



I still have to roast the almonds, bake the polenta, mix the dip, make the punch, and pop the popcorn.  I will have to make the seasoning mix.  I can do that tomorrow.  I am close to being ready.  Now I have to clean and put things away. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!